Best In Ear Headphones
What are the best in ear headphones I hear you ask? Well this can depend on many things. This article will hopefully help you understand what the top in ear headphones are for you.
You may be at the gym, travelling, or just hanging out. Sometimes you just want something a little more compact and a pair of headphones that won’t weigh you down or get in the way. You might want a pair of headphones that will block out the sound from the outside world or a pair of headphones that are sweat proof. These qualities are precisely what top in ear headphones offer. In this article I will hopefully help you find the best in ear headphones for you.
#1 Sennheiser Momentum In Ear
- Custom machined, low resonance stainless steel housing deliver a detailed and accurate sound
- High-quality dynamic transducers produce high output level with low distortion
- In ear canal design provides excellent attenuation of ambient noise. Multiple sized ear tips included insuring a personalized fit
- Two year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
The Sennheiser Momentum In Ear headphones look the part for sure. Bold colours and sleek design will attract you at first, however once you put them on and have a listen the high quality of sound will blow you away…especially for the price.
The Sennheiser Momentum In Ear are some of the best headphones on the market today in their price range. Sennheiser also do a version for each OS for your mobile phone so that everyone can enjoy the use of their inbuilt controls!
In my opinion the Sennheiser Momentum In Ear are the best of the lot. They look the part, they sound the part and they are sure to last.
winner – the best in ear headphones
#2 RHA T10i
- Handmade, high-fidelity dynamic driver (770.1 model) engineered to accurately reproduce all genres of music with high levels of clarity, detail, and imaging.
- Noise isolating design.
- Metal injection molded, stainless steel construction.
- Interchangeable tuning filters with holder.
- 3-button remote and microphone for use with compatible Apple devices.
The sound quality is incredible, thanks to the snug seal created when the headphones are stuck in your ear. The bass is also robust and clear for such small earphones.
The RHA T10i are also some of the best in ear headphones around in terms of looks with a cool metal finish around the drivers and around the cable as well. They also come with several replacement tips if the defaults don’t fit your ear canal.
#3 Bose SoundSports Pulse Wireless
- A high-quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive Stay Hear+ tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge
The Bose SoundSport Pulse are certainly in demand at the moment and it is easy to see why. They sound great, are an affordable price, they look great, are very comfortable and have fantastic noise cancellation. The earbud fits snuggly into the ear making them perfect for sport and using at the gym. They also have a built in heart rate monitor to track your performance. These are a great sounding pair of headphones for everyday use, but especially for sports and exercise.
#4 Klipsch Reference X6i
- KG-723 Full-Range Balanced Armature
- Die-Cast Zinc and Co-Molded Elastomer Housing
- Patented Oval Ear Tips (4 Different Sizes)
- Three-Button Remote + Mic
- Carrying Case + Clothing Clip
Some of the best looking headphones out there. The Kilpsch Reference X6i effortlessly mix beauty and sound to create a fantastic pair of headphones. For their sub $200 price they offer good value for money. Be aware, they do off a little bit of cable noise and the carrying case is a little awkward to work with. However, these are a great pair of higher level headphones for a discerning audiophille at a great price.
#5 Shure SE215
- Detachable Cable with Wireform Fit
- Sound Isolation technology prevents outside noise from interfering with your audio experience, whether on-stage or on-the-go.
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle is designed to rest comfortably in the ear.
- Soft, flexible sleeves in multiple shapes and sizes gently contour to your ears. Carrying case also included.
Still going strong, the Shure SE range provide some of the best in ear headphones on the market. The Shure SE215 headphones offer great value at under $100 and great sound. They fit well and with an over ear strap provide good support so they won’t fall out. These headphones work really well as live monitors, so if you’re in a band or play live music and need some quality in ear monitors, the Shure SE215 are a great, affordable option.
#6 Beyerdynamic iDX 200 iE
- Neodymium HD acoustic drivers for excellent, detailed sound
- Lightweight full-metal housing with titanium alloy
- 3 button remote control and microphone for phone calls and media playback
- Compatible with Apple and Android devices such as iPods, iPhones, iPads
- 2-year manufacturer warranty only when purchased from an authorized beyerdynamic dealer.
The Beyerdynamic iDX 200 iE headphones provide excellent value for money. In a crowded headphone market they offer excellent build quality and great sound. They are well rounded and reliable. They are not cheap at just under $200, but you certainly get what you pay for.
#7 Sony XBA-H1
- Hybrid 2-way Driver Unit extended bass/profound vocal sound
- Suppression housing for smooth frequency response
- Hybrid Silicone Ear buds, in 3 sizes, provide a precise fit
- Noise isolation Earbuds provide increased noise attenuation
- Convenient pouch, cord adjuster, and clip supplied
The Sony XBA-H1 headphones offer booming bass, highs that are crisp and clear and response that makes your music sound more punchy than ever. They also look great with a modern design. At under $90 they also provide excellent value for money, if you are looking for great sound quality, but something a little different in terms of appearance.
#8 Polk Nue Voe
- Tuned balanced-armature driver design that delivers extended mid-range, accurate high frequency details, and surprisingly deep bass response.
- Ultra-lightweight housing stays put comfortably, and custom-molded in-ear tips fit securely; a fit so naturally pleasant that you may forget you’re wearing them!
- Intuitive, ergonomic, 3-button controller and built-in microphone on a lightweight, adjustable cable gives you instant access to your iOS device for on-the-fly audio and phone control.
- Stylish, sculpted housings in Tortoise or Gold finishes.
Not only do the Polk Nue Voe look the part, similar in style to a fancy set of tortoise-patterned eyeglasses, they sound awesome and are comfortable enough to wear all day. These earphones are packed with balanced armature drivers, which ups the mids to increase crispness.
It should be noted that the inline controls built into headphones only properly work with Apple products. You’ll still get the same performance in, say, an Android phone or a Windows phone, but you won’t be able to increase or decrease the volume.